|Version 6 (modified by 8 weeks ago) ( diff ),|
Importing ticket data
To migrate issue tickets from other issue-tracking systems into Trac or perform housekeeping actions on tickets or simply synchronize different databases, there are some tools, plugins and scripts available.
ExportImportXlsPlugin: a plugin that adds an admin panel for exporting and importing tickets via XLS file. Requires the python packages xlwt/rxld.
JiraToTracIntegration: a plugin that provides tools to import Atlassian Jira backup files into Trac. The plugin consists of a Python 3.1 commandline tool that:
- Parses the Jira backup XML file.
- Sends the imported Jira data and attachments to Trac using the XmlRpcPlugin.
- Generates a htpasswd file containing the imported Jira users and their SHA-512 base64 encoded passwords.
MantisImportScript: a script to import the following type of data from Mantis into Trac:
- bug comments
- bug activity (field changes)
- attachments (as long as the files live in the mantis database, not on the filesystem).
PlanetForgeImportExportPlugin: this plugin exports Trac data (wiki, tickets, compoments, permissions, repositories, etc.) using the open format designed by the COCLICO project. It extends the webadmin panel and the 'trac admin ...' command. Has no 'import' feature.
Since Trac uses a SQL database to store the data, you can also custom-import from other systems by examining the database tables. Just go into sqlite command line to look at the tables and import them from your application.